Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 60 of the 60 day challenge!!! (it's finally here!)

I haven't been posting recently because I've been taking a break physically which I think is exactly what my body needed! I dropped another 1.5 lbs and .5% in body fat just over the last week and a half. I am a perfect example of Over Training. I stopped seeing results so I worked harder when in fact that was my queue to slow it down. My body was yelling at me "dude! I'm tired and I can't keep up so I'm just going to shut down". Taking a week break gave my body time to recover completely and get back with the program.

Since I'm going on a cruise tomorrow and have honestly no time to get everything done that needs to be done my "Final Picture" is a little lame. It's your classic- take a picture of yourself flexing in the bathroom mirror. 

Here is the moment, that really maybe no one has been waiting for besides myself...my final stats and picture!


Weight: 123 lbs 
Body Fat %: 18.5

Chest: 33 inches
Waist: 29 1/2 inches
Hips: 36 inches 


So I actually only lost 1 lb from my original weigh in but I've lost 1.5 % body fat! The cool thing about those numbers is it shows that what you weigh doesn't matter! I was still getting healthier and stronger even though the scale wasn't moving. Since entering into the health and fitness industry, I have never been lower than 20% body fat! It's true though that my body looks very different after having a baby even though I'm more healthy now.

2.5 inches of my Chest (this could be due to the fact I'm not breast feeding anymore)
2 inches of my waist!
0 inches of my hips. 

The pants I'm wearing in the picture are pants that I have not been able to fit into since before getting married! It's a really great feeling to be back into them again.

How do I feel?! AMAZING! I have lots of energy, I feel strong, and the most important thing is that I like the way I look!  What is that main thing I want you to get from all this?! You have the ability to reach your goals WITHOUT fad dieting, buying expensive weight loss supplements, or spending hours and hours and hours at the gym! All it takes is a well designed training program, support, someone to report to, and some nutrition basics and advice.

Please ask me questions! Leave comments! Interested in some training? Need tips? Would anyone local be interested in free group boot camp classes this summer?

Tune in for my After Cruise Check up! We'll see how much damage is done on a week long vacation of all you can eat food.

3 comments:

  1. So after you get back from your cruise, will you help me develop a better workout routine? Maybe accompany me to the gym (I'm assuming you have a Gold's membership) and help me learn more about the machines and weights? Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya lets plan on it. The mentioned something about a sleep over poker night too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Laura! I tend to get discouraged pretty easily about my body and getting more healthy right after having a baby (like I did 10 weeks ago today!)and I blame the discouragement mostly on a lack of sleep. So thank you for the inspiration/motivation that it can be done. If I lived near you I'd be all for a boot camp but I am thankful for the information you emailed me, it's been a great help. Enjoy your cruise!

    ReplyDelete