Monday, May 6, 2013

Days 42, 41, 40, & 39

FRIDAY: Rest day.

SATURDAY:


42.5 mile ride = 3 hrs
It. Was. Hard.
My Dad and I always leave on our bike rides heading into the wind, the theory being that we will have to wind at our backs on the way home. So far every long ride I've been on somehow the wind changes half way through and I get a head wind both ways. This was the case Saturday besides on our way back down Immigration Canyon.
Of course I decided to not only go for a 40 mile bike ride but to ride all the way to the top of Immigration Canyon from Bountiful and back. The way out was great. I actually beat my dad up the big climb at the end of Immigration which was a first. By the time I hit North Salt lake, the last 7 miles or so, I was done. My legs literally felt like someone had injected acid in them with thousand needles. I sat and rubbed my legs, groaning, for about an hour after. Even though that ride was very hard I think I'll be okay for my 50 miler this weekend. I'm not sure the elevation gain of Saturdays ride but I only have 1,800 ft elevation gain in the race so, fingers crossed, I think I'll be okay.

This week I'll be doing a gradual carbo load and only a few workouts so I can be rested and stored up for Saturday.



SUNDAY: Rest Day

MONDAY (today!): 
It's my husbands and mines 2nd Anniversary today and we'll be going out to dinner tonight. I attempted to get up early and go to the gym with no success so I improvised knowing I won't be going to the gym later.

30 minutes upper body TRX
15 minute Cardio Abs Insanity Video
20 minute Classical Stretch Video

Total time = 65 Minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment