Monday, April 22, 2013

Las Vegas

So I took a spontaneous trip to Las Vegas with my sister and my mom. I didn't have Internet (unless I wanted to pay $14 a day, which I didn't) so I haven't been able to post for a couple days.

My goal for this trip was simply to not move backwards. It's really hard to lose weight when traveling even if you are being perfect with your diet and exercise. Personally I think it's because your body tells everything to stop until it can figure out what you are doing to it. That could totally be a load of bologna. 

I couldn't track my calories with out the Internet, no microwave in the hotel, and couldn't use the hotel gym because I had my little girl all the time.

FOOD
I went to the grocery store the first day and loaded up with fresh fruit, protein bars, Naked drinks, yogurt, and granola bars. I tried to eat only those things for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. It's too difficult to make a yummy healthy dinner in a hotel room with no microwave or way to cook so dinners I always ate out.

EXERCISE
I brought my handy dandy TRX baby! Simply hung it on the door and boom, you've got yourself a gym.

Ash, my sister, doing some one leg squats on the TRX

Doing lunges with my 25 lb nephew. A workout for you and entertaining for the kids.

I did full body strength training every other day and got my cardio in by walks in the morning with Denali and walking up and down the strip.

WRAP UP
~I ate way more then I should have when eating dinner...but hey it's Vegas and I'm going to get my money's worth at a buffet.
~I felt so much better eating lots of fresh food rather than eating out for every meal, especially because my body isn't used to it. Usually by the end of a trip I feel bloated, tired, and stopped up. This trip I managed to avoid all of those things. I will be doing this same system next time I go on a vacation.
~There isn't and excuse for not being able to workout when you go on vacation. I'm not saying you have to workout on vacation, to some that might not be a vacation. Just get creative and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment